The School of Medicine’s successful 2016 Athena SWAN Silver submission can be found here.
Details of the School of Medicine’s 2013 Athena SWAN Bronze submission can be found here.
School of Medicine action plan
Our successful Athena SWAN Silver application includes a strategic, pragmatic and evidence-based action plan, which is focused on areas identified by staff as being of overall highest priority in achieving gender balance and equality in our School. The areas identified are as follows:
- Career development, promotion and equal pay for women
- Improving support for diverse working patterns (flexible working, part-time, career breaks)
- Education and training for all staff to increase awareness of gender inequality and build knowledge and skills to address this
- Evaluation and monitoring
The action plan can be downloaded here.
Policies and Initiatives
A number of Faculty of Medicine and Health Initiatives have been created including:
- an Academic Development Fund to support the maintenance of academic trajectory following a period of leave
- flexible working arrangements with a guaranteed return to original hours
- opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Menopause Guidance
Details of the faculty initiatives can be found here.
The University of Leeds is committed to providing equal opportunities for all and offers a range of family friendly policies. For further guidance and for information about the policies and values that underpin the initiatives within the Faculty of Medicine and Health please visit the main University Human Resources website for all our policies.
The University also has in place a range of services to support our staff. Wellbeing, Safety and Health provide services relating to Health and Safety, Occupational Health, Staff Counselling and Psychological Support, Mediation and Radiation Protection.