The EXSEL scholarship is typically awarded to four scholars each academic session. These awards are only available to second year MBChB students at the University of Leeds.
Recruitment will open December 2019
There are two stages in the application process:
- completion of the application form
- presentation to a selection panel.
Second year Leeds MBChB students can access more information via Minerva. Please contact us to request access to the scheme's Minerva site.
EXSEL applicants should be:
- available to conduct research in the School of Medicine during the summer vacation
- able to demonstrate the highest academic achievement at University
- able to evidence leadership, mentoring or community participation skills
- supported by an academic referee.
At the initial application stage, you do not need to nominate a research project. If you are shortlisted the scheme's directors will expect you to state what type of research interests you. Research topics can be found on the School's Reseach and innovation page.
Please contact us if you have any general enquiries regarding the scheme or if you are a second year MBChB student and would like guest access to the scheme's dedicated Minerva site.
You might also consider emailing current EXSEL scholars to gather their views. Their email addresses can be found on the application form.