All applications for full-time undergraduate programmes are made directly through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
Before you apply, please visit the course page and check the application and entry criteria.
Becoming a professional in nursing, midwifery or social work is demanding, testing and rewarding and our values are an important part of who we are as a school and what we look for in our students.
UCAS top tips
Now is a great time to start your search to make sure you’re on the front foot and fully prepared for what will be a life-changing experience. The following tips will help you plan your application and be fully prepared.
- Know your deadlines and look at the ‘UCAS dates for your diary’ on our website – there are a number of different deadlines throughout the year, so make sure you know when your application needs to be submitted by.
- Do research into your ideal subject, type of course and location – you are making potentially your biggest decision to date, so be sure you choose something you’re passionate about in a location where you want to live. Thorough research is vital.
- Attend an event or open day – it’s always a great idea to get a feel for a campus and town or city before you apply. Seeing the area firsthand is always a good idea as it will give you a genuine feel for a place.
- Finance and support – this can be a complex subject so understanding what you’ll need to pay and what’s available to you is really important. Fees, loans and budgeting are just some aspects you will need to consider.
- Writing your personal statement – think about how you can make it stand out from the crowd. There are lots of tips on writing personal statements online and it’s often very helpful to get a parent or teacher to look over yours. Also, have a look at this short video for some guidance.