How to apply
All applications for full-time undergraduate programmes are made directly through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).
Before you apply, please visit the course page and check the application and entry criteria.
For a guide on how to apply for a place and what to expect, please read our Applicant journey page.
Becoming a professional in nursing, midwifery or social work is demanding, testing and rewarding and our values are an important part of who we are as a school and what we look for in our students.
UCAS top tips
Now is a great time to start your search to make sure you’re on the front foot and fully prepared for what will be a life-changing experience. The following tips will help you plan your application and be fully prepared.
- Know your deadlines and look at the ‘UCAS dates for your diary’ on our website – there are a number of different deadlines throughout the year, so make sure you know when your application needs to be submitted by.
- Do research into your ideal subject, type of course and location – you are making potentially your biggest decision to date, so be sure you choose something you’re passionate about in a location where you want to live. Thorough research is vital.
- Attend a virtual event or open day – it’s always a great idea to get a feel for a campus and town or city before you apply. Seeing the area firsthand is always a good idea as it will give you a genuine feel for a place. On-campus events are not taking place at the moment but we’re currently planning the safest way to provide a virtual alternative.
- Finance and support – this can be a complex subject so understanding what you’ll need to pay and what’s available to you is really important. Fees, loans and budgeting are just some aspects you will need to consider.
- Writing your personal statement – think about how you can make it stand out from the crowd. There are lots of tips on writing personal statements online and it’s often very helpful to get a parent or teacher to look over yours. Also, have a look at this short video for some guidance.
You can contact our Admissions Team with any general questions on our courses and application process, selection events and other queries. Please email Admissions.