Care leavers and estranged students


Care leavers and estranged students


As a care leaver or an estranged student, you may be entitled to the maximum maintenance loan and tuition fee loans through Student Finance. 

Who is eligible?

If you're starting university for the first time, you may also be entitled to a one-off £2,000 Higher Education Bursary from your local authority.  Our care experienced and estranged young people page has information on contacts, the programmes available and paid work opportunities. 

How to apply

Visit here.