- The University of Leeds is among the top 100 universities in the new QS World University Rankings 2022
- We were voted 3rd in the UK in the 2018 Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey
- 5th in the UK for graduate recruitment (High Fliers Research, 2021)
- Find out more about all our university awards
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
Every six years, the UK’s four higher education funding bodies undertake an exercise to measure the quality of research undertaken by UK higher education institutions (HEIs). The funding bodies use the outcomes to inform the allocation of their research funding to HEIs. The Research Excellence Framework was the framework used in 2014. The majority of our research sits across Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience.
Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience
- 3.07 grade point average
- 100% of our research environment is conducive to producing research of ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ quality
- 100% of our research has either ‘outstanding’ or ‘very considerable’ impact
- 81% of our research is ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
- 70.1% of our research outputs are ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’
The quality of our research and the funding it attracts means we’re able to invest in world-class facilities and academic staff who are actively engaged in cutting-edge research. As a result, you'll be taught by internationally renowned, inspirational academics working at the forefront of their fields.