- Group summary: Our Decision Modelling Group in the Academic Unit of Health Economics is a methodological group which provides a forum for methods development and peer support in the area of health economic decision modelling and simulation.
What we do
Our Decision Modelling Group provides a forum for methods development and peer support in the area of health economic decision modelling and simulation.
We aim to promote discussion, share expertise, offer support and increase the awareness of different modelling techniques. Our group is led by Dr Armando Vargas-Palacios and Alison Smith.
We focus on techniques used within applied health research and economic evaluation, including:
- Deterministic, stochastic and probabilistic model analysis.
- Cohort models, patient level micro-simulation, discrete time or discrete event simulation.
- Survival analysis and model calibration techniques.
Although the emphasis is on modelling methodology, other relevant health economics research topics are also welcome.
Our group also runs regular training sessions including tutorials on modelling software.
Who we are
Dr Armando Vargas-Palacios
The Decision Modelling Group sits under the Academic Unit of Health Economics, alongside the following research groups:
- Applied Health Econometrics Group
- Evidence Synthesis Group
- Test Evaluation Group
- Academic Unit of Health Economics