Evidence Synthesis Group
- Group summary:
The Evidence Synthesis Group in the Academic Unit of Health Economics has expertise in systematic review and evidence synthesis methods. We have extensive experience in literature searching, reference management, abstract screening and data extraction, and are happy to work with academic, NHS or industry partners.
See the LIHS Information Specialist website for how we can support your research and teaching, plus training and guidance materials to support your research
What we do
We are a group of information specialists with expertise in systematic review and evidence synthesis methods. We have experience in literature searching, reference management, abstract screening and data extraction, and are happy to work with academic, NHS or industry partners.
Our team has expertise and experience in identifying evidence for a range of synthesis-type projects e.g. economic modelling, economic evaluations, mixed-methods reviews, rapid reviews, realist syntheses, scoping reviews and systematic reviews.
The Evidence Synthesis Group collaborates on many types of evidence synthesis with a number of organisations including:
- Cochrane Mental Disorders Group, University of York.
- Division of Health Sciences, University of Edinburgh
- Leeds Centre for Personalised Medicine and Health
- Leeds In Vitro Diagnostics Co-operative, NIHR Leeds MIC.
- Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- NIHR CLAHRC Yorkshire and Humber DIAMONDS programme, Diabetes and Mental Illness: Improving Outcomes and Services.
- NIHR Global Health Research Group – IMPACT South Asia.
- NIHR Research Design Service Yorkshire and the Humber, provides free advice and support to researchers developing applied health or social care research proposals.
- School of Sociology and Social Policy, University of Leeds.
We have received funding from NIHR, MRC, HTA, H2020, Innovate UK, ESRC, charities and industry. The team provides CPD training via the University of Leeds and University of Nottingham mixed-methods and systematic review courses, plus evidence synthesis guidance on our website.
Who we are
The Evidence Sythesis Group sits under the Academic Unit of Health Economics, alongside the following research groups:
- Applied Health Econometrics Group
- Decision Modelling Group
- Test Evaluation Group
- Academic Unit of Health Economics