Dr Andrew Smith
- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Cardiovascular stem and progenitor cells; cardiotoxicity.
- Email: A.J.Smith1@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9804
- Location: Garstang Building
Andrew Smith is a member of the MCRC. Find out more about his work on his faculty profile. Completed medical degree (MBChB, 2001) at the University of Aberdeen then worked clinically for some years. Carried out research PhD in Neuroscience and Biomedical Systems at the University of Glasgow (2008), then worked as a post-doctoral researcher at Liverpool John Moores University (2009-2013) and at King's College London (2013-2015).
- Leader for MBiol Programme in School of Biomedical Sciences
- Admissions Tutor for School of Biomedical Sciences
Research groups and institutes
- Multidisciplinary Cardiovascular Research Centre