Dr Matt Mulvey
- Position: Yorkshire Cancer Research University Academic Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Pain assessment; cancer pain; neuropathic pain; quantitative sensory testing; complex interventions; applied health research methodology; epidemiology; systematic reviews
- Email: M.R.Mulvey@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0836
- Location: 10.39 Worsley
2007-2010; PhD Neurophysiology, Leeds Beckett University, UK
2010-2012; Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Arthritis Research UK Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester, UK
2012-2017; Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
2017-present; Yorkshire Cancer Research University Academic Fellow, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
My research focuses on improving the management of pain for people with cancer. Through better understanding the neurophysiological mechanisms of cancer pain, we hope to improve the assessment and treatment of cancer pain by developing complex interventions implemented within primary and secondary healthcare settings.
- Senior Research Fellow
- Co-Lead Statistics for Health Sciences MSc Module
- Assistant Research Lead for REF 2021 Impact Case Studies
- Neurophysiology of cancer pain and neuropathic pain
- Quantitative sensory testing
- Complex intervention development , implementation and evaluation
- Applied health research methodology
- Systematic review methodology
I am interested in supervising PhDs and Masters in applied health sciences with a focus on pain assessment and management.
I contribute to teaching on the MBCHB undergraduate modules and postgraduate models in Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals.
Research groups and institutes
- St Gemma's Academic Unit of Palliative Care
- Leeds Institute of Health Sciences