Dr Dan Howdon
I am a Senior Research Fellow in the Academic Unit of Health Economics within the Leeds Institute of Health Sciences. I joined AUHE in May 2018 after two years as a Postdoc in Health Economics at the University of Groningen. Prior to this, I held various teaching and research fellow positions at University College London and the University of York.
- Lead, Applied Health Econometrics Group
The impact of early life circumstances on late life health outcomes.
The distribution of healthcare expenditures late in life.
The relationship between budgetary impact and appropriate decision methods in health technology assessment.
- PhD Economics -- University of York (2014)
- MSc Health Economics -- University of York (2010)
- BA Economics & Politics -- Durham University (2008)
I teach undergraduate sessions in health economics.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Health Sciences
- Applied Health Econometrics Group
- Health economics
- Academic Unit of Health Economics