- Position: Professor of Epidemiology
- Areas of expertise: Cancer epidemiology; Paediatric oncology; Adolescent and Young Adult oncology; Paediatric critical care; Data linkage; Health and Social outcomes.
- Email: R.G.Feltbower@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4841
- Location: 11.070 Worsley Building
- Website: Twitter | ORCID
I joined the University in 1998 as a Research Statistician examining the epidemiology childhood and young adult cancer, drawing data from the Yorkshire Specialist Register of Cancer in Children and Young People. I am now the Director of the Yorkshire Register and lead a programme of epidemiological and applied health research funded by the Candelighters Trust. Current research involves the use of linked datasets such as primary/secondary care and the National Pupil Database to evaluate long-term outcomes including mental health, educational attainment and treatment toxicity. I am a member of the Childhood, Teenage and Young Adult Cancer Expert Advisory Group within Public Health England and the NCRI Teenage and Young Adult Clinical Studies Group. I am also Chair of the CCLG Epidemiology and Registry Group.
In 2018 I became co-PI for the Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network (PICANet) which assesses PICU activity through the UK and Ireland. The work is a joint collaboration with the University of Leicester, co-led by Professor Liz Draper.
- Programme Manager, MSc Health Data Analytics
- PhD - Epidemiology
- MSc - Medical Statistics
- BSc - Mathematics
- Society for Social Medicine & Population Health
Programme Manager for MSc Health Data Analytics.
Research Methods for Medical Imaging.
RESS-3 tutor for MBChB.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Clinical and Population Science