Dr Emma Chapman
- Position: Senior Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Cancer Research; Bladder Cancer; Palliative Care; Pain; Breathlessness; Fatigue
- Email: E.J.Chapman@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0863
- Website: Twitter | LinkedIn | Researchgate | ORCID
I have a BSc (Hons) in Biomedical Science from the University of Sheffield and completed a PhD in the School of Medicine at the University of Leeds. My thesis “The role of deletion of CDKN2A in transitional cell carcinoma” investigated the early steps in development of bladder cancer.
I continued my interest in Cancer Research as a research fellow within Maggie Knowles’ laboratory within the Leeds Institute of Cancer and Pathology. I then secured funding from Yorkshire Cancer Research to lead a project entitled “Telomerase associated changes in gene expression in pre-malignancy and cancer". In 2012, I was promoted to Senior Research Fellow.
In 2018, I joined the Academic Unit of Palliative Care to work with Professor Mike Bennett on the Yorkshire Cancer Research funded programme “Improving health status and symptom experience for people living with advanced cancer”.
My research involves working with hospices in Yorkshire to development interventions to enable management of pain, breathlessness and fatigue in patients with advanced disease.
- BSc (hons) Biomedical Science. University of Sheffield
- PhD Research School of Medicine. University of Leeds
I am a tutor on Gateway to Medicine programme.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Health Sciences
- St Gemma's Academic Unit of Palliative Care
- Palliative care