Professor Julia Brown
- Position: Professor of Clinical Trials Research
- Areas of expertise: clinical trials; statistics
- Email: J.M.B.Brown@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1499
- Location: 10.83C, Level 10, Worsley Building
- Website: Twitter | ORCID
Julia is Deputy Dean, Faculty of Medicine and Health, Director of the Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research and Director of the CRUK Clinical Trials Unit at Leeds. She is Professor of Clinical Trials Research and the Director of the UKCRC Registered Clinical Trials Unit Network. She has a long-standing interest in the design and conduct of clinical trials and her contribution to this research is recognised in the award of NIHR Emeritus Senior Investigator status. She serves on a number of senior advisory boards including Chair of the NIHR HTA General Funding Committee.
- Director of Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research
- Deputy Dean, Faculty of Medicine and Health
She is particularly interested in the design and conduct of innovative trials within cancer, the development and analysis of patient-reported outcomes and the evaluation of surgical techniques. She supervises numerous PhD students in the areas of design and analysis of clinical trials and in the development and analysis of patient-reported outcomes.
- BSc Statistics
- MSc Medical Statistics
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research
- Surgical technology