Dr Rebecca Bestwick
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Health Economics; Economic Evaluation; Elderly care economics
- Email: R.Bestwick@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 10.91 Worsley
I joined the Academic Unit of Health Economics in December 2022 as a research fellow. My main research area is frailty, focusing on economic evaluations within elderly populations.
Prior to joining the Unit, I was a Junior Doctor in the NHS working in both primary and secondary care settings. I completed my MSc in Public Health (Health economics stream) in 2017 from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
My main research area is frailty, focusing on economic evaluations within elderly populations.
Current research projects:
EFI+ - Identifying frailty and which patients would benefit most from targeted treatments
HERO - Home-based Extended Rehabilitation for Older People (HERO)
- MSc Public Health (Health Economics)
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Health Sciences
- Academic Unit of Health Economics
- Health economics
- Decision Modelling Group