- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thesis title: Supporting parent-to-child transfer of responsibility for chronic kidney disease: a grounded theory study
- Supervisors: Professor Veronica Swallow, Professor Gretl McHugh, Professor Susan Kirk, University of Manchester
As an Occupational Therapist, Ruth is interested in how young people with long-term conditions and disabilities develop independence, including skills in self-management.
Prior to starting her PhD, Ruth worked as an Occupational Therapist in child and adult community services, on three studies funded by kidney research charities, and in patient and public involvement in research.
In her PhD, Ruth is exploring young peoples’, parents’ and health professionals’ views on the parent-to-child transfer of self-management responsibility of chronic kidney disease and the role of the health professional during this transfer.
- MSc Health Sciences
- Postgraduate University Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- BA English and Communication Studies (Joint Honours)
Research groups and institutes
- Maternal, child and family health