Dr Julia Csikar
- Position: Lecturer (Dental Public Health)
- Areas of expertise: Dental Public Health; Inequalities in oral health; Brief advice and interventions in tobacco and alcohol; Research ethics; Patient-Public Involvement and Engagement
- Email: J.I.Csikar@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6181
- Location: 6.001a Worsley
- Website: ORCID
I gained a degree in Human Ecology from Huddersfield University in 1998 and then went on to complete a Masters in Public in 2003 at the University of Leeds.
In 2013, I completed my PhD ‘Comparing smoking cessation services in Bradford & Airedale’ at the University of Leeds.
I have held NHS, Public Health England and university posts within the specialties of Dental Public Health and General Public Health.
I am currently a Lecturer in Dental Public Health at the University of Leeds School of Dentistry supporting undergraduate and postgraduate teaching along with her research role.
- Theme lead Lifelong Learning
- British Association for the Study of Community Dentistry (BASCD)
Research groups and institutes
- Health services research