- Position: Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Epigenetics; single cell; oocyte; preimplantation embryo; genomic imprinting; human assisted reproduction; DNA methylation molecular embryology; oocyte gene
- Email: J.Huntriss@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7056
- Location: LICAMM-Discovery and Translational Science Department (DTSD)
I am currently a Lecturer in the Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine, University of Leeds, United Kingdom. I am Programme Leader for MSc/PGDip in Clinical Embryology Distance Learning. I teach on the MSc/PGDip in Clinical Embryology and the MSc/PGDip in Clinical Embryology and Assisted Reproduction Technology (CE&ART).
I have a BSc (Hons) in Biochemistry/Microbiology from the University of Leeds and a PhD in Molecular Biology from University College London (UCL). Thereafter, I undertook two post-doctoral research positions on:
1) Genomic imprinting in preimplantation development at the Molecular Embryology Unit, ICH, London
2) Genes controlling oogenesis at the Division of Reproduction and Early Development, University of Leeds
- Programme Leader for MSc/PGDip in Clinical Embryology
My research interests are in the regulation of epigenetic events during mammalian oogenesis and preimplantation development, with a particular focus on human studies. I am particularly interested in epigenetic profiling of the human preimplantation embryo and oocyte. This work involves locus-specific and also genome-wide analysis of DNA methylation patterns in human oocytes and preimplantation embryos, the analysis of expression and methylation of imprinted genes, and the assessment of biomarkers of epigenetic disruption. I am also interested in the genetic/transcriptomic regulation of mammalian oogenesis and preimplantation development and the role of these genes in fertility and early developmental events.
- PhD in Molecular Biology, awarded 18.1.95 at UCL.
- Degree: BSc (Hons) Biochemistry/ Microbiology (University of Leeds 1987-1990).
- Programme Leader for MSc/PGDip in Clinical Embryology Distance Learning (October 2012-present)
- Teaching for MSc/PGDip in Clinical Embryology, University of Leeds (2000-present)
- Teaching for MSc/PGDip in Clinical Embryology and Assisted Reproduction Technology (CE&ART), University of Leeds (2014-present)
- Postgraduate Research Tutor
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/163-evaluation-of-the-therapeutic-potential-of-in-vitro-derived-oocytes-for-fertility-preservation.">Evaluation Of The Therapeutic Potential Of In Vitro-Derived Oocytes For Fertility Preservation.</a></li>
<li><a href="//phd.leeds.ac.uk/project/186-the-role-of-rna-methylation-in-the-development-of-the-oocyte-and-preimplantation-embryo.">The role of RNA methylation in the development of the oocyte and preimplantation embryo.</a></li>