Ivan Solvas Martinez
- Position: Lecturer (Human Clinical Andrology)(T&S)
- Areas of expertise: Clinical embryology; IVF & ICSI; Time-lapse; Embryo biopsy; Andrology
- Email: I.SolvasMartinez@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: LIGHT building
I am currently working as a Lecturer in Andrology on both Clinical Embryology and Assisted Reproduction Technology (CEART) and Clinical Embryology Distance Learning (CEDL) MSc Clinical Embryology courses.
I have a BSc in Biology from the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (Catalonia) and a MSc in Reproductive Biology and Assisted Reproduction Techniques from Institut Universitari Dexeus, the first clinic to achieve a live birth in Spain using IVF. In 2010 I obtained a Senior Embryologist award in the ESHRE Conference held in Rome.
I worked for nearly 20 years as an embryologist in private and public clinics in Barcelona, Dublin and Leeds.
In the last few years I have been involved in the development and implementation of the Vitrification and PGD programs at the Leeds Fertility Unit.
- Degree: BSc in Biology (Universitat Autonoma Barcelona, 1997-2002)
- MSc in Human Reproduction (Institut Dexeus, 2002-2004)
- ESHRE Senior Embryologist (ESHRE, 2010)
- ARCS (Association of Reproductive and Clinical Scientists)
- ESHRE (European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology)
- Teaching for MSc in Clinical Embryology (CEART), University of Leeds (2023-present)
- Teaching for MSc in Clinical Embryology Distance Learning (CEDL), University of Leeds (2023-present)
- Postgraduate Personal Tutor
- Postgraduate Research Tutor
- Programme Management committee
Research groups and institutes
- Specialist Science Education