- Position: Programme Lead BSc Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology)
- Areas of expertise: Cardiac Device Management; Healthcare Science Training
- Email: L.M.Ashton@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 8.001 Worsley
Lisa has been at the University of Leeds since December 2007, originally lecturing on the then BSc Clinical Physiology (Cardiology) course and now on our current the BSc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) programme. Her main areas of interest are cardiac devices, which she leads on for the programme. Lisa qualified as a Cardiac Physiologist in 1996, included training and working at the Royal Cornwall Hospital and Leeds General Infirmary, where she was also a Work Based Assessor and the Cardiac Physiology Clinical Lead for training. Having joined the academic team, Lisa quickly developed post graduate modules in cardiac implantable devices, which are part of Post graduate Certificate in Cardiac Devices, which are ideally suited to practicing professionals throughout the UK.
Her current role includes the training of undergraduate and postgraduate Clinical Physiologists, as well as involvement with CPD of other healthcare professions. Lisa’s particular interest areas are cardiac device therapy. Lisa is the programme lead for both undergraduate and postgraduate training.
- Programme Manager Undergraduate BSc Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology)
- Programme Manager Postgraduate PG Cert Cardiac Device and Rhythm Management
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine