Mr Henry Davies
- Position: NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow
- Areas of expertise: Palliative care in Vascular Surgery; End of life care; Peripheral artery disease; Aneurysm growth; Instrumental variables; Anticoagulation; Molecular mechanism of spinal cord and brain injury
- Email: H.Davies1@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 7.26 LIGHT Laboratories
- Website: LinkedIn | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID
My first degree was in Aerospace Engineering (BEng) at the University of Manchester.
After a wide range of jobs in London, Madrid, Barcelona and Taipei, I moved to Hangzhou (China) to study Medicine (MBBS) in Chinese - where I was part of a molecular science research group working on molecular mechanisms in spinal cord and brain injury.
I then completed an MD in Cardiac Surgery before moving back to UK. After completing the Foundation Programme, I started my current NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship in Vascular Surgery in the Yorkshire & Humber School of Surgery, where I have obtained a PGCert in Medical Research at the University of Leeds and my MRCS from the Royal College of Surgeons of England, London.
My current primary area of research is end of life and palliative care in people living with aortic aneurysms and peripheral artery disease. I am also interested in the management of peripheral artery disease, instrumental variables, aneurysm growth rate and molecular mechanisms in trauma.
- BEng (Hons)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society for Vascular Surgery
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine