- Position: Research Assistant
- Areas of expertise: Psychology; Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs); quality of life; cancer; RCTs; applied health research; qualitative research methods.
- Email: L.Shearsmith@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 10.38b, Level 10 Worsley Building Worsley Building
- Website: Twitter | ORCID
I am a Research Assistant working within the Academic Unit of Primary/Palliative Care & Public Health, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences. I’m working on the MODs study, an NIHR-funded multi-centre randomised controlled trial which aims to develop and evaluate a psychological intervention to manage depression among older people with long term physical health conditions.
My past experience includes 3 years working as a Research Assistant in the field of psycho-oncology, working on several projects exploring the collection of PROMs, quality of life data, and feasibility of online symptom reporting in cancer patients on active treatment, routine follow up or on early phase clinical trials.
- BSc Psychology (Industrial)
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's
- Patient Centred Outcomes
- Leeds Institute of Health Sciences