- Position: Project Manager
- Email: H.L.Rossington@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0337
- Location: Leeds Institute of Data Analytics (LIDA), Level 11 Worsley Building
- Website: Yorkshire Cancer Research Bowel Cancer Improvement Programme
I am the Project Manager for the Yorkshire Cancer Research Bowel Cancer Improvement Programme. I worked for charitable organisations before joining the NHS in 2004 where I worked for the NHS for eight years in the Humber and Yorkshire Coast Cancer Network, later known as the North East Yorkshire and Humber Clinical Alliance. My roles were focused on utilising data and intelligence to improve the quality of cancer services. I also worked in service re-design and reconfiguration working with clinical teams in different disciplines and specialities across multiple organisations. Following two years in Australia, where I worked in primary care eHealth, I re-joined the NHS in 2014 in volunteer services and then moved to the Yorkshire and Humber Clinical Network, specialising in cancer services.
I started at the University of Leeds as the Project Manager for the Yorkshire Cancer Research Bowel Cancer Improvement Programme in 2016. This Programme utilises linked datasets to develop novel methodologies to identify variation in outcomes in bowel cancer across Yorkshire. Where weaknesses or significant variation is identified the programme then develops educational interventions to remedy the variation. The change in outcomes will be monitored by analysis using the linked datasets. The Programme works closely with the bowel cancer MDTs across the region.
- PG Dip Managing in Health and Social Care
- PG Cert Managing in Health and Social Care
- BA American Studies
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's