Dr Natalie North (Nee Haywood)
- Position: Research Fellow
- Email: N.J.Haywood@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0750
- Location: LIGHT Laboratories
I graduated from the University of Nottingham with a first class BSc (Hons) in Biotechnology (2011). Following this, I undertook an MSc in Bioscience Specialising in Human disease and graduated from the University of Leeds with Distinction (2012). I was then awarded a British Heart Foundation named PhD studentship to undertake a PhD in the laboratory of Dr Stephen Wheatcroft and was awarded my PhD in 2015 from the University of Leeds.
My research aims are to address the link between obesity, diabetes and cardiovascular disease, with a particular interest in the role of the insulin like growth factor family.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Discovery and Translational Science