Professor Jane Nixon
- Position: Professor
- Areas of expertise: pressure ulcers; wounds; foot ulcers; randomised controlled trials; risk assessment; quality of life
- Email: J.E.Nixon@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1488
- Location: Worsley
I am Deputy Director of the Clinical Trials Research Unit (CTRU) and was awarded a Promotional Chair in Tissue Viability and Clinical Trials Research in 2009. I was appointed an NIHR Senior Investigator in 2016 and an MBE in 2017 for services to health research.
Building upon a 20 year NHS career I joined the Leeds CTRU in 2002 where I have led the development of trials and applied health research in pressure ulcer prevention and the CTRU skin portfolio as a clinical trialist. I have 40+ research/infrastructure awards (total value over £35m.
- Deputy Director Leeds Institute Clinical Trials Research
- Director of R&I Leeds Institute Clinical Trials Research
- BSc (Hons)
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research
- Surgical Interventions, Diagnostics and Devices Division