- Position: Clinical Lecturer in Systemic Family Therapy
- Email: M.McGovern@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 3950
- Location: 10.26 Worsley Building
I am a UKCP registered Systemic Family Therapist and Supervisor.
My background in the NHS, in a range of acute and community settings, has given me an interest in the broad application of systemic ideas and practice both as a resource for professionals who wish to integrate systemic thinking into their practice and for those who plan to complete training to register and practice as a Systemic Psychotherapist by undertaking the MSc I am committed to bringing a systemic understanding of issues related to different life and cultural experiences to the courses and to ensure that this is consistently demonstrated in the training experience. My own practice is influenced by postmodern ideas narrative and Collaborative/ Dialogical therapy.
- Director of Training in Systemic Family Therapy
- Programme lead for MSc Systemic Family therapy
- MSc Systemic Family Therapy
- Tavistock Systemic Supervision
- BSc Psychology
- UKCP registered Systemic Psychotherapist
- AFT Directory of Approved Supervisors
As a Clinical Lecturer in Systemic Family Therapy I teach on the Foundation and Intermediate level courses and am Programme lead for the qualifying level MSc Systemic Family Therapy and the post-qualifying CPD course Family Therapy and Systemic Supervision. As part of the Systemic and Family Therapy training team, I contribute to other training courses in the Institute of Health Sciences. The training team also run courses designed to meet the specific requirements of work teams in social and health care settings ranging from single events to trainings that meet the Association for Family Therapy accreditation requirements as associate courses to the main University-based training courses.