Dr Carol Martin
- Position: Visiting Lecturer (2019)
- Areas of expertise: Qualitative research methods; mainly interview or observation studies using IPA; discourse analysis; narrative and thematic analysis; Service user and clinician experience.
- Email: C.Martin@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 0812
- Location: 1093 Worsley Building
Carol is a retired Senior Lecturer in Clinical Psychology (1990-2018), having taught primarily on the Doctoral Programme in Clinical Psychology. She has a visiting lecturer post in LIHS (2019-2021). She also worked in the NHS full- and part-time for over thirty years, specialising in the care of older people.
Research supervision for Doctoral students on the Programme in Clinical Psychology.
Interests and experience in
NHS service provision, mainly in services for older people with mental health problems (now non-practicing)
Psychoanalytic concepts and psychotherapy
External examiner for D.Clin.Psychol. programmes in Sheffield (2013) and Hertfordshire (2019 on).
- British Psychological Society
- UK Council for Psychotherapy
- Federation of Independent Psychotherapists
- Society for Psychotherapy Research