Dr Luke Budworth
- Position: Research Data Analyst
- Email: L.W.Budworth@leeds.ac.uk
By background I’m a data analyst and research psychologist. My PhD work assessed the prevalence, detectability, and impact of pre-operative recreational substance use on post-operative outcomes – and potential intervention strategies to help patients reduce use.
Post-PhD I was a research fellow at the Bradford Institute for Health Research, leading a multi-hospital retrospective study assessing associations between emergency doctor decision-making, patient health outcomes, and healthcare resource use. I also provided statistical support for projects in the field of patient safety, including an MRC-funded project with clinical and commercial partners developing a device to prevent nasogastric tube-related ‘never events’.
I joined the Institute of Rheumatic & Musculoskeletal Medicine in April 2022. Here I provide statistical analysis and support to scientists and clinicians working at the institute, alongside developing novel approaches to the analysis of imaging data.
- BSc | Psychology | University of Liverpool
- MSc | Health Psychology | University of Leeds
- MSc | Health Data Analytics | University College London
- PhD | University of Leeds
- Royal Statistical Society (Fellow)