- Position: Scientific Operations Supervisor
- Email: P.Jin@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7711
- Location: 5.21 LIGHT
As a scientific operations supervisor, my main roles are to organize and carry out H&S and fire safety induction for all new starters and visitors in the LIGHT building. Routinely walk around the building to check fire safety and lab issues. Update LICAMM equipment inventory, including new equipment & disposal of old equipment. Train members of staff and students how to use the fluorescent microscopes. Support building manager to allocate freezer space & liquid nitrogen storage space. Purchase and organize some equipment service. Overall, work as a SOT member, provide support to the teamwork and the institute.
Research technical expertise including 1. Cell culture – cell line culture, follicle and gamete culture including IVM & IVF technique. 2. Histology - tissue fixing and embedding; microtome; light microscopy and fluorescence microscopy; immunohistochemistry staining. 3. Basic Molecular biology technique, such as DNA & RNA extraction.
- Central support;
- H&S coordinator and fire warden
- BSc (Hons) degree in Botany
- MSc diploma in Biology
- IT – European Computer Driving License
- IT - City & Guilds 726 word processing level 3, advanced diploma
- IT - City & Guilds 7261/212 IT level 2, diploma
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine