Dr Nikki Rousseau
Nikki is an experienced health services researcher with a particular interest in the use of qualitative and mixed methods in health care technology development and evaluation. She has considerable experience and expertise in the use of qualitative and mixed methods to understand patient and health professional experineces of health, health care and new health technologies.
Nikki currently holds a University Academic Fellowship based in the Surgical, Diagnostic and Devices Division at Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research and is also a member of LUCID – Leeds Unit for Complex Intervention Development.
Nikki is a co-applicant on several NIHR HTA funded trials including:
- LiTEFORM Lite Therapy Effectiveness For ORal Mucositis Trial. A randomised controlled trial of the clinical and cost effectiveness of Low Level Laser in the management of Oral Mucositis in Head and Neck cancer irradiation https://fundingawards.nihr.ac.uk/award/15/57/160
- NAIROS Nasal AIRway Obstruction Study https://fundingawards.nihr.ac.uk/award/14/226/07
- NATTINA The NAtional Trial of Tonsillectomy IN Adults (NATTINA): a clinical and cost effectiveness study https://fundingawards.nihr.ac.uk/award/12/146/06
Nikki is currently an associate editor for BMC Trials
Nikki previously held a National Primary Care Researcher Development Doctoral Fellowship Award from the NHS Research Capacity Development Programme
You can hear Nikki talk about experiences of tooth loss on BBC Radio 4s Thinking Allowed: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03k21nl.
And see her talk about the INDEX study and design of complex interventions at https://quests.ie/qualitative-research-intervention-development-index-study/
Supervised three PhD students to successful completion.
Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching on qualitative methods, research design and obtaining research funding
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research
- Leeds Institute of Health Sciences
- Surgical Interventions, Diagnostics and Devices Division
- Division of Primary Care, Palliative Care and Public Health