- Position: Research Statistician / Epidemiologist
- Areas of expertise: Epidemiology; clinical data; advanced analytical methodology; cancer registry data; survivorship; late effects.
- Email: K.J.Cromie@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: LIDA, Level 11 Worsely Building
- Website: YSRCCYP | Twitter | LinkedIn | Googlescholar | ORCID
I joined the University as a Research Statistician in November 2019. My role primarily involves Yorkshire Specialist Register of Cancer in Children and Young People, using population-based cancer registration data from the Yorkshire Specialist Register of Cancer in Children and Young People (YSRCCYP) to investigate the epidemiology of cancer in children and young people and describe outcomes for long-term survivors.
I also provide statistical consultancy for the Paediatric Intensive Care Audit Network (PICANet). My interests in this area relate mainly to paediatric outcomes research and COVID-19 real time reporting and related research.
In October 2020 I was awarded the Emma and Leslie Reid University Scholarship to fund a series of research relating to the prevention of heart disease and cardiometabolic risk factors amongst long-term childhood and young adult cancer survivors, using cancer registration data linked to administrative electronic healthcare data.
Prior to joining the University of Leeds I obtained my undergraduate degree (BSc) in Biological Sciences at The University of Liverpool. I graduated with a first class degree in July 2018 before obtaining a Masters of Research (MRes) degree in Epidemiology at Newcastle University (Distinction). My research during this time focused on exploiting data from a large prospective cohort of over 60’s, to enhance understanding of the associations between visceral obesity and cardiometabolic risk factors, in order to inform evidence-based intervention programmes which aim to reduce the cardiovascular morbidity burden in this already vulnerable population.
- Registry Statistician (YSRCCYP)
- Research Statistician (PICANet)
- MRes Epidemiology (Distinction), Newcastle University
- BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences (First Class), University of Liverpool
MBChB Research, Evaluation and Special Studies (RESS) Year 3 (RESS3) tutor.
MSc Student Supervision
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine