- Position: Medical statistician
- Areas of expertise: Clinical trial design; statistical analysis; complex interventions; cluster randomised trials; systematic reviews; meta-analysis; trial reporting.
- Email: B.Copsey@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Worsley building
I work as a medical statistician in the Complex Interventions Division at Leeds Clinical Trials Research Unit. I contribute to the design and analysis of clinical trials in different clinical areas, including palliative care and mental health.
Prior to my role at the University of Leeds, I submitted my DPhil thesis in the Centre for Statistics in Medicine at the University of Oxford. My doctoral research was on methods for sample size calculation in randomised controlled trials of musculoskeletal conditions. I previously worked as a medical statistician at the Centre for Rehabilitation Research in Oxford (RRiO). I primarily worked on systematic reviews, meta-analyses and clinical trials of physiotherapy and exercise programmes for back pain and arthritis.
- DPhil candidate in Musculoskeletal Sciences: Biomedical Data Science, University of Oxford
- MMORSE Masters in Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics, University of Warwick
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Clinical Trials Research