Miss Sarah Howarth
- Position: Placement Innovation Officer
- Email: S.D.Howarth@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 4910
- Location: Worsley Building
Sarah coordinates the clinical placements for the MSc Physician Associate Studies programme in the School of Medicine and works closely with providers to make sure they are of the highest standard. She runs the regional Physician Associate Cohort Study which is exploring the experiences over time of physician associates from student to practitioner (2017-2025) and started a PhD part-time in 2020. The focus of this is the training of newly qualified physician associates in secondary care. She also lectures on the Research in Clinical Practice and Foundations in Clinical Practice modules.
Sarah previously worked (2016 -2019) as a Research Assistant in Applied Health within the Leeds Institute of Medical education. This research focused on interprofessional education, patient safety and physician associate student development.
- MSc Psychology (Leeds Beckett University)
- BA (Hons) History (University of York)
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Education