- Position: Scientific Operations Officer
- Email: D.G.Balcer-Whittle@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Level 5 LIGHT Laboratories
I joined the University of Leeds in November 2018 as a Scientific Operations Officer with the LICAMM Scientific Operations team.
Prior to my current role, I have worked as a Science Technician in a school, and as a Science Explainer at the International Centre for Life in Newcastle, so this role is a change for me, as the word 'science' does not directly feature in my job title.
I conducted my MSc by Thesis at Durham University, trialling the use of genetic fingerprinting methods for conducting a non-invasive mark-recapture analysis of Vulpes vulpes. Like a lot of research project titles, it's a bit of a mouthful, but it allowed me to work in a lab and in the field and provided me with useful hands-on research experience. I completed in 2016, but they don't give grades on a research Masters, so that's all I can say about it.
- MSc Biological Sciences
- BSc Natural Sciences (with Biology and Anthropology)
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine