Dr Joe Hicks
- Position: Lecturer in Medical Statistics
- Email: J.P.Hicks@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 1531
- Location: 10.31, Worsley
Joe is a Lecturer in Medical Statistics working in the Nuffield Centre for International Health and Development. Joe is involved in research and teaching within the department. Joe joined the department in 2015 as a Medical Statistician, and before joining the department he completed a PhD in population and community ecology at the University of Leeds in 2015.
Joe is involved in a wide range of research primarily focusing on evaluating public health interventions in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs), from piloting to scale-up phases. This research covers a wide range of areas including antibiotic resistance, treating non-communicable diseases in primary care, providing appropriate child care in urban contexts, providing mental health support in MDR-TB treatment, improving maternal and child health programmes, and providing m-health tools for health workers.
- PhD Population and Community Ecology - University of Leeds, 2015
- MSc Biodiversity and Conservation - University of Leeds, 2010
- BSc (Hons) Biology - University of York, 2005
Joe is involved in teaching quantitative research methods both within the Nuffield Centre for International Health and Development and the Yorkshire Centre for Health Informatics.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Health Sciences
- International health research
- Research at the Nuffield Centre of International Health and Development