- Position: Medical Statistician
- Email: E.M.A.Hensor@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 392 4944
- Location: Chapel Allerton Hospital
I provide statistical support to clinicians, applied health professionals, basic scientists and students working within LIRMM and the NIHR Leeds Biomedical Research Centre (LBRC). Having started my career as a biologist, obtaining a PhD in behavioural ecology from the University of Leeds, I joined LIRMM as a data analyst in 2003 and am now the lead medical statistician working within the Institute. I have worked on a variety of clinical trials, observational studies and proof-of-concept studies at the forefront of emerging musculoskeletal imaging techniques; as a consequence, I have extensive experience of many aspects of analysis including agreement statistics, multivariable modelling, mixed models and questionnaire development using item response theory.
In my own research I investigate ways in which current practices in rheumatological measurement may be improved.
- PhD in behavioural ecology, University of Leeds
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Medicine