Dr Caroline Young
- Position: Clinical Lecturer (Histopathology)
- Areas of expertise: colorectal cancer; histopathology; the microbiome
- Email: C.Young@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Level 4 Wellcome Trust Brenner Building
I am an NIHR Clinical Lecturer in histopathology at the University of Leeds, having completed a Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Training Fellowship. My PhD investigated the potential of the colorectal microbiome to improve colorectal cancer (CRC) screening.
I am interested in the pathology of CRC, specifically its association with the microbiome and the translational potential of this emerging field of research. I am a member of the CRUK Grand Challenge team “OPTIMISTICC” which is investigating over the next 5 years the mechanisms and therapeutic potential of the CRC-associated microbiome.
- PGCert in Health Research
- BM BCh
- Royal College of Pathologists
I teach pathology to the University of Leeds medical students - this includes giving lectures, tutorials, demonstrations and being a member of one of the course management teams.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's