Dr Caroline Young
- Position: Clinical Research Training Fellow
- Areas of expertise: colorectal cancer; histopathology; the microbiome
- Email: C.Young@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Level 4 Wellcome Trust Brenner Building
I undertook an Academic Clinical Fellowship in Leeds as a histopathology registrar, before being awarded a Wellcome Trust Research Training Fellowship to investigate translational aspects of colorectal cancer microbiome research. This is being supervised by Professor Philip Quirke, Professor Eva Morris and Dr Henry Wood.
I am interested in the pathology of colorectal cancer, specifically its association with the microbiome and the translational potential of this emerging field of research.
- PGCert in Health Research
- BM BCh
- Royal College of Pathologists
I teach pathology to the University of Leeds medical students - this includes giving lectures, tutorials, demonstrations and being a member of one of the course management teams.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's