Dr Su Wood
- Position: Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: pharmacist; primary care pharmacy; medicines safety; prescribing in reduced kidney function; prescribing for older people; implementation science.
- Email: S.I.Wood@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Worsley Building
- Website: Twitter | Googlescholar | Researchgate | ORCID | White Rose
I am now an academic pharmacist after an earlier career in clinical practice. I completed my PhD in 2017 and have continued to develop my academic career as a Research Fellow. I have over twenty years’ experience as a primary care general practice based pharmacist. I was clinical director, governance lead, and lead for a domicilliary medicines review team for a large team of primary care pharmacists. Prior to that, I started my career at Leeds General Infirmary, and developed the first ‘Care for the Elderly’ clinical pharmacist post.
I have a particular interest in medicines safety for older people. My research focus is how to help healthcare professionals with applying the recommendations for use and dosing of medicines when kidney function is reduced, particulalry for older people where kidney function reduces naturally with age. My research involves mixed methods implementation science research.
- PhD in medicines safety
- MPharm in clinical pharmacy
- PGDip in medicines management in primary care
- Independent prescriber
- BPharm (hons) 1st
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- Royal Pharmaceutical Society
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Health Sciences
- Primary care