- Position: Teaching Fellow
- Email: N.Watchorn@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 8.001 Worsley Building
I joined the University of Leeds in June 2015 as a lecturer in Cardiac Physiology after spending 15 years in clinical practice.
I obtained my BSc Cardiac Physiology degree from Manchester Metropolitan University in 2005 before completing my PG Diploma in Diagnostic Imaging at the University of Leeds in 2015.
Before working at the University of Leeds I was heavily involved in student education and training in a clinical setting and have worked with the SCST as an examiner. I am involved with teaching across all 3 years of the Undergraduate Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) degree and have recently developed a PG Cert in Echocardiography.
- Cardiac Physiology Lecturer
- Placement Co-ordinator
- PG Cert. Echocardiography programme manager
- Society for Cardiological Science & Technology
- British Society of Echocardiography
- Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists
I am involved with teaching across all 3 years of the Undergraduate Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology) degree and have recently developed a PG Cert in Echocardiography. In my role as placement co-ordinator I also ensure work based assessors have relevant and up to date internal verification and complete departmental audits on the the healthcare placement providers in the region.
I supervise year 3 students in their final year projects and I am involved in setting, writing exams for modules in both years 1 & 2 of the undergraduate degree. I also undertake teaching on a discovery module and on the diagnostic imaging course.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine