Dr Oly Todd
- Position: NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Frailty, Hypertension, Delirium
- Email: O.Todd@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Academic Unit for Ageing and Stroke Research, Office 4 Bradford Institute for Health Research
- Website: Bradford Institute for Health Research | @geridata | Twitter | Googlescholar | ORCID | White Rose
I am an NIHR Clinical Lecturer in Geriatric Medicine at the Academic Unit of Ageing and Stroke Research and an Honorary Specialist Registrar in Geriatric and Internal Medicine at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. I have a research interest in cardiovascular ageing. I chair the UK Ageing Data Research Collaborative (@geridata). This group promotes the use of routine electronic health records in ageing research. We are supported by the British Geriatrics Society (BGS). I’m also a member of the BGS Frailty and Sarcopenia Special Interest Group and the BGS Research and Academic Committee. I am a Grant reviewer for the BGS SpR Grant Award. I’m a reviewer for Age and Ageing, BMC Geriatrics, International Journal of Epidemiology and JAGS.
I am supervised primarily by Professor Andy Clegg (AUASR), also supported by Professor Anne Forster (AUASR), and Professor Chris Gale (LIDA).
I recently completed a PhD fellowship funded by Dunhill Medical Trust investigating the role of frailty to identify older people with hypertension who come to harm from BP lowering therapy. I am currently developing a new platform of research emerging from this PhD in the field of cardiovascular ageing. I would be delighted to collaborate – if you have shared interests or are a health care professional from any background interested in trying out ageing research, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- PhD, Leeds, 2021
- DTM&H, LSHTM, 2014
- DPMSA, Apothecaries, 2012
- MRCP, Edinburgh, 2011
- MBBS, BSc(Hons) Physiology, Imperial 2008
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- British Geriatrics Society
- British and Irish Hypertension Society
I teach on the Leeds Medical school undergraduate curriculum, supervise undergraduate intercalated BSc projects and hosted medical school elective projects. I also give bedside teaching to students preparing for OSCE, MRCP PACES exams, and as an ALS instructor.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Health Sciences
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Academic Unit for Ageing and Stroke Research