- Position: Cardiac Physiology Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Non-Invasive Cardiology
- Email: R.L.Riley@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 9593
- Location: 8.001 Worsley Building
Rhona started as a Cardiographer in 1994 and studied/worked her way up the ladder to ECG Services Manager. Rhona has always had a love of training and teaching, so became involved with the University of Leeds, School of Healthcare in 1999 as an external lecturer. Originally, she taught on the then part time BSc (Hons) Cardiology Programme. This led to the development of full-time undergraduate Cardiac Physiology training degrees and Rhona became the first full-time Cardiac Physiology lecture in the UK in 2004. Since this time, Rhona has developed 2 full-time training degrees for registration into the Cardiac Physiology profession and assisted in developing post graduate modules, to support qualified Cardiac Physiologists. In 2009 Rhona joined the 'Cardiac Risk in the Young' screening team, which fed her passion for congenital heart disease and ECG interpretation.
Currently Cardiac Physiology Lead in the School of Medicine and the lead for student education for the Leeds Institute for Cardiovascular and metabolic Medicine (LICAMM), in which this programme sits , Rhona is actively involved in promoting standards of practice and training for Cardiac Physiologists and developing an academic pathway for this profession. In recent years, Rhona has developed this work internationally, providing courses nationally and internationally mainly in India.
- LICAMM Lead for student Education
- Lead for Cardiac Phsyiology
- Admissions Tutor for Bsc (Hons) Healthcare Science (Cardiac Physiology)
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Specialist Science Education