Mrs Morag Raynor
- Position: Research Technologist (Next Gen Seq)
- Areas of expertise: Illumina Sequencing; Long Read Sequencing; DNA Libraries; RNA Libraries; Molecular Techniques; Illumina; MiSeq; NextSeq; HiSeq; PacBio; PacBio Sequel; Nanopore; minION
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44(0)113 206 4813
- Location: 6.37 Clinical Sciences Building (CSB)
- Website: NGS Facility Website | LinkedIn | Researchgate | ORCID
I graduated the University of Huddersfield with a BSc (Hons) in Molecular and Cellular Biology. My first research post was with the University of Leeds in 2007 as a Research Technician in Pathology and Tumour Biology, specialising in Colorectal Cancer Research. I worked within prognostic and predicative clinical trials, as well as developing new molecular techniques and projects within the group.
In 2017 I joined the Next Generation Sequencing Facility as a Senior Research Technologist. Where we provide expertise and experience within Illumina sequencing and long read sequencing from PacBio and Oxford Nanopore.
- Senior Research Technologist within the NGS Facility
- Laboratory Manager to the NGS Facility
We run a core facility with houses Illumina platforms including the MiSeq, HiSeq 3000 and NextSeq 500. As a facility, we also provide expertise and experience in generating libraries from a wide range of DNA, RNA and PCR products for sequencing with the Illumina platforms. We use a wide range of Illumina TruSeq RNA kits, NEBNext Ultra and Ultra II kits, and Agilent SureSelect kits, and work with the user to pick the best workflow for the user’s specifications.
More recently, we have been developing our long read sequencing techniques with the PacBio Sequel and Oxford NanoPore MinION we currently have housed within the facility and can be contacted to discuss these further.
I have a large range of molecular skills from both of my posts at the University. I have supported several PhD students during my time with the University, and have supervised students working in the labs during their MRes projects.
For further information, please contact us, or browse our Facility website: http://dna.leeds.ac.uk/genomics/index.php
Further information about Illumina Sequencing.
Further information about PacBio Sequel
Further information about Oxford Nanopore minION.
- BSc (Hons) Molecular & Cellular Biology
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's