Dr Caitriona Dennis
My role within the School of Medicine and Leeds Institute of Medical Education (LIME) is to lead, develop, coordinate and deliver staff development events to support and develop teaching and assessment skills. I work with relevant stakeholders to deliver a CPD strategy, ensuring medical educators have optimal support and resources to deliver teaching and training and opportunities to progress and develop as an educator.
My background is in academia. I trained in medical research specialising in Biophysics. I have held positions previously at the Unversity of Leeds as well as the New York State Department of Health (Wadsworth Center) focusing mainly on topical medical issues. Having been involved in translational medicine, I have worked across professional boundaries, at the clinical-academic interface and contributed to multidisciplinary work.
I am a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Continuing Professional Development Lead
I am interested in medical education and faculty development.
I am a project leader in Leeds Institute of Teaching Excellence working on placement tutor support in teaching
- PGCert Professional Innovation Management Leeds University Business School
- PhD Biological Sciences University of East Anglia
- MSc Biological Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy University of Dundee
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry Queen's University of Belfast
- Senior Fellow of Higher Education Academy
The portfolio of CPD events is targetted to those who teach students on our MBChB and Master Physicians Associate programmes.
Healthcare professionals, university staff, patients and carers attend workshops and courses and have access to online e-learning.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Education