Dr Louise Murray
- Position: Yorkshire Cancer Research Associate Professor and Honorary Consultant Clinical Oncologist
- Areas of expertise: technical radiotherapy; re-irradiation; imaging; brain tumours; pelvic malignancies
- Email: L.J.Murray@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Level IV Bexley Wing
- Website: ORCID | White Rose
I am an Academic Clinical Oncologist. I studied medicine in Aberdeen, graduating in 2002. In 2007 I started training in Clinical Oncology in Sheffield. After completing my post-graduate medical exams, I did a PhD in Leeds Cancer Centre, which focused on technical radiotherapy for prostate cancer. This involved radiotherapy treatment planning, normal tissue complication probability, tumour control probability and second malignancy risk estimations. From summer 2015 to summer 2016 I completed a Radiation Oncology Fellowship at Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, focusing on radiotherapy for the treatment of brain and paediatric tumours. In 2016, I was appointed as a Yorkshire Cancer Research University Clinical Academic Fellow and Honorary Consultant Clinical Oncologist. In 2019 I was promoted to Associate Professor.
- Co-lead for Fourth Year Medical Student Oncology Placement
My research interests include re-irradiation (delivering radiotherapy to a previously irradiated region), the implementation of modern imaging technologies in the radiotherapy treatment planning pathway, radiotherapy for brain and pelvic malignancies, the appropriate implementation of new technologies into the radiotherapy clinic and patient reported outcomes in response to radiotherapy.
- MRCP (UK)
- BSc Medical Science
- MB ChB
- Royal College of Radiologists
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
I enjoy teaching and have an active role as the co-lead for the 4thYear Medical Student Oncology placement. I teach the 4th year students about radiotherapy and oncology. I also teach Clinical Oncology trainees who are preparing for the Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists examinations in Clinical Oncology.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's
- The Radiotherapy Research Group