Dr Alastair G Cardno
- Position: Senior Lecturer in Psychiatry
- Areas of expertise: schizophrenia; psychosis; psychotic symptom dimensions; twin methods; genetics
- Email: A.G.Cardno@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 7122
- Location: Level 10, Worsley Building
Senior Lecturer in Psychiatry. Formerly Senior Lecturer in Neuropsychiatric Genetics and MRC Clinical Training Fellow at the University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff.
- Programme Leader for Psychiatry CPD/Core Psychiatry Training Course
Research mainly focuses on genetic and environmental influences on clinical variation in psychotic disorders, and on psychotic experiences in the general population.
- PGCert Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
Programme Leader for the postgraduate Psychiatry CPD/Core Psychiatry Training Programme for core psychiatry trainees from West, North and East Yorkshire.
Research groups and institutes
- Psychological and Social Medicine