Professor David L. Buckley
I am a physicist who has worked in the medical imaging field for 25 years. I have a specific interest in quantitative magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with a focus on tracer kinetic analysis of data acquired using dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI.
Recent Research Projects:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Biomarkers for Chronic Kidney Disease, EU COST-Action, 2017
- National Centre for Translational Hyperpolarised Magnetic Resonance, MRC Clinical Research Capabilities & Technologies Strategic Award, 2015
- CHERNAC: Characterising early response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy using quantitative breast MRI, Breast Cancer Now Project Grant, 2015
- Pre-clinical imaging infrastructure award, British Heart Foundation Strategic Initiative Grant, 2014
- Optimisation and validation of single-kidney GFR measurement with dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI, Kidney Research UK project grant, 2013
- CADERA: Coronary Artery Disease Evaluation in Rheumatoid Arthritis NIHR EME award, 2013
- Quantitative cardiac magnetic resonance for the evaluation of sub-clinical fibrosis and micro-vascular dysfunction in diabetic cardiomyopathy. NIHR PhD Research Fellowship (Buckley - lead supervisor), 2012
- LANTERN - A randomised phase II screening trial with functional imaging and patient reported toxicity sub-studies comparing lapatinib plus capecitabine versus continued trastuzumab plus capecitabine after local therapy in patients with Erb B2 positive metastatic breast cancer developing brain metastasis/es GlaxoSmithKline, 2011
- Radiotherapy Dose Escalation using High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy Boost in Non-Metastatic Prostate Cancer. The Leeds Teaching Hospitals Charitable Foundation Pilot Project Award, 2010
- 3 T cardiac magnetic resonance scanner. British Heart Foundation Infrastructure Grant, 2010
- Characterizing gadofosveset for use in quantitative tracer kinetic MRI studies. BBSRC-AstraZeneca CASE PhD studentship, 2009
- BSc, mathematical physics
- MSc, information technology (medical physics)
- PhD, magnetic resonance imaging
- Module leader & lecturer – Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MEDP3512/MEDP5312M), elective/optional modules and core modules for the MSc and intercalated BSc in Medical Imaging.
- Lecturer – Core Skills in Medical Imaging (MEDP5336M).
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- The Radiotherapy Research Group
- Biomedical Imaging Science