- Position: Radiography Lecturer
- Areas of expertise: Paediatric Radiography; Interprofessional Learning; Radiographic Technique; Admissions and recruitment; Student Transition; Student Support; Student Education
- Email: M.L.Ellwood@leeds.ac.uk
- Phone: +44(0)113 343 6063
- Location: 8.001 Worsley
The student experience has always been a primary motive for my involvement in student education since my initial appointment to the University of Leeds in 1999. Coming from a clinical radiography background I worked towards radiography education to inspire students and enhance the student experience. I am committed to my responsibility for their learning and teaching; to nurture and support their personal growth and development throughout their time at university; to help prepare them for graduate practice; and to be their advocate.
My academic career so far has provided a broad and rich experience in student education from the start of the student’s journey at admissions through to their graduation at undergraduate and postgraduate level. I am an experienced academic who has contributed to both undergraduate (BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography) and postgraduate education (MSc Physician Associate Studies) with an extensive portfolio of teaching and student support. This enhances my interprofessional teamworking and informs my interprofessional teaching across both programmes.
My recent appointment as Director of Student Education reflects my passion and commitment to student education.
- Director for Student Education (Classified UG Programmes)
- Deputy Programme Leader: MSc Physician Associate Studies
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (University of Leeds)
- MSc Radiography (University of East Anglia)
- Diploma College of Radiographers (Diagnostic Radiography) (Addenbrookes School of Radiography)
- HCPC - registrant
- Higher Education Academy - Fellow
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Leeds Institute of Medical Education