Dr Michael Drozd
- Position: Academic Clinical Fellow in Cardiology
- Email: M.Drozd@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: LIGHT Laboratories
- Website: PubMed | Twitter | Googlescholar
I graduated from the University of Leeds in 2015 with an intercalated BSc in Cardiovascular Medicine (first class) and MBChB (with honours). After completing the Academic Foundation Programme (FY1/FY2), I was awarded a BHF Clinical Research Training Fellowship to fund a PhD supervised by Dr Richard Cubbon. I was awarded Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) and have now commenced a NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship in Cardiology (Currently ST2).
I conduct preclinical and clinical research investigating the outcomes of patients with cardiometabolic disease with a particular interest in infection.
- MBChB (with honours)
- British Atherosclerosis Society
- British Society for Cardiovascular Research
I supervise MBChB Students and academic foundation doctors. I also provide cardiovascular teaching to MBChB students in year 1, intercalation and year 5. I am passionate about widening participation into medicine.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Medicine
- Discovery and Translational Science