Gabriele De Marco
- Position: Locum Consultant Rheumatologist and Clinical Research Fellow
- Areas of expertise: psoriatic disease; psoriatic arthritis; spondyloarthritis; early arthritis; advanced imaging in arthritis; clinical epidemiology; regulations related to clinical trials.
- Email: G.DeMarco@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: 08/0C/022 Chapel Allerton hospital
- Website: Publons | ORCID
Co-applicant for the multi-centre ARREST research project (Johnson&Johnson, NJ, USA; £516890).
I have also collaborated to research projects in Italy before moving to Leeds:
- HERACLES project, a multi-centre study funded by the Italian charity Foundation for Research in Arthritis (FIRA onlus) and Pfizer Italia SRL. Total grant 60000 €.
- EPIPSOFIRE project, an epidemiological study funded by Pfizer Italia SRL. Total grant 30000 €.
I am first author or co-author of 79 research items availabe on public domain. Total times cited: 477 (last accessed 1-Mar-2022). H-index: 11 (last accessed 1-Mar-2022).
Top 5 most cited publications on indexed medical journals (last accessed 1-Mar-2022):
- Identification of the Clinical Features Distinguishing Psoriatic Arthritis and Fibromyalgia - Published: Apr 2012 in The Journal of Rheumatology DOI: 10.3899/JRHEUM.110893
- Immune-Mediated Disease Flares or New-Onset Disease in 27 Subjects Following mRNA/DNA SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination - Published: May 2021 in Vaccines DOI: 10.3390/VACCINES9050435
- The problem in differentiation between psoriatic-related polyenthesitis and fibromyalgia – Published:Jan 2018 in Rheumatology DOI: 10.1093/RHEUMATOLOGY/KEX079
- Lymphoid neogenesis in juvenile idiopathic arthritis correlates with ANA positivity and plasma cells infiltration – Published: 2007 in Rheumatology DOI: 10.1093/RHEUMATOLOGY/KEL225
- Entheseal Power Doppler Ultrasonography: A Comparison of Psoriatic Arthritis and Fibromyalgia – Published:Jul 2012 in The Journal of Rheumatology DOI: 10.3899/JRHEUM.120238
I have presented scientific results at international and Italian conferences/congresses, both in oral presentation and poster formats.
I qualified as a doctor of medicine and surgery in Italy (2003), then completed my training as specialist in rheumatology (2007, Italy).
I have experience as a consultant rheumatologist in Padova (Italy 2011-2015).
- Post-Graduate Student
Clinical effects of early-stage interventions in psoriatic disease and psoriatic arthritis (PsA), with a focus on comprehensive efficacy (i.e.: measurable responses across the spectrum of musculo-skeletal manifestations of PsA).
Measures of outcomes in spondyloarthritidies.
Multi-morbidity in spondyloarthropathies.
Advanced imaging in psoriatic disease and PsA.
- Specialist in rheumatology, 2007, Milan (Italy)
- Doctor in medicine and surgery, 2003, Milan (Italy)
- General Medical Council
Currently not involved in medical education.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Medicine