- Position: Project Manager
- Email: S.Boyes@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Level 7, Clinical Sciences Building, St. James’s University Hospital
- Website: NIHR Surgical MedTech Co-operative | Twitter
I joined Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust in 1989, initially as a radiology assistant in the MRI department before moving into research in 2000. I hold a Postgraduate Certificate in Health Research and a NEBS Management Certificate.
My previous experience involved working on clinical research studies with contrast agents and MRI, before taking on a research management role in 2008. I then joined Colorectal HTC on secondment for two years before joining in the University working on the NIHR Surgical MedTech Co-operative (Surgical MIC) as a project manager.
The Surgical MIC supports the development of medical technologies in the fields of colorectal, vascular and hepatopancreaticobiliary surgery to improve healthcare and quality of life for patients.
My main responsibilities include project management of clinical projects which can be clinically or industry led, the development and support of spoke sites across the UK. I am also responsible for supporting the MedTech Foundation programme, a student led initiative the aim of which is to generate student led innovation projects. My duties also include event management including the organisation of our annual National Meeting. I am also responsible for patient and public involvement (PPI) embedding their input into our projects.
- Project Manager - NIHR Surgical MedTech Co-operative
- Responsible for set up and management of Spoke Sites
- Responsible for support of MedTech Foundation programme
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Medical Research at St James's