- Position: NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer (2016)
- Email: L.A.Bissell@leeds.ac.uk
- Location: Chapel Allerton Hospital
NIHR Clinical Lecturer in Rheumatology
Lesley-Anne Bissell is a NIHR Clinical Lecturer within LIRMM researching methods to reduce CV risk in immune-mediated inflammatory disease. Her PhD investigated the presence of subclinical cardiovascular disease in Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Sclerosis (SSc) using soluble biomarkers and cardiovascular MRI and reported the novel use of an implantable loop recorder in describing the prevalence and nature of arrhythmias in SSc.
Research groups and institutes
- Leeds Institute of Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Inflammatory Musculoskeletal